Metro to Dulles
Metro to Dulles is now closer than ever. With direct service to Metro's Silver Line, the Silver Line Express Bus provides a convenient, economical connection between the Dulles Main Terminal and the Silver Line's Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station, about 15 minutes away.
*NOTICE* Metrorail began a year-long maintenance program of the rail system in June 2016. Please plan for delays and interruptions to the service. More details can be found at www.wmata.com/safetrack.
- $5 each way regular fare (cash or credit card only; SmartTrip Cards not accepted)
- $3 each way for airport employees with valid ID
- No fare for children under 2 years of age
Boarding in the Airport: Purchase tickets at the counter located inside Arrivals Door# 4 in the Main Terminal. From baggage claim, go UP the ramp at the sign for Door #4.
Boarding at the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station: Exit to north side of Metro station, board the bus, then purchase tickets after the bus arrives at the airport.
Metrorail SmartTrip Cards can be purchased for use on the Metro System inside any Metro Station.
- Non-stop, frequent service every 15 minutes during peak times and 20 minutes off-peak
- Convenient front-door service at Dulles (Arrivals Door #4 in the center of the Terminal)
- Free Wi-Fi on-board
- Spacious on-board luggage storage